Nutri-Tech Plant Sap & Soil Nitrate Meter
Convenient in-field tool for measuring crop calcium levels.
Adequate calcium is essential for cell division, cell-strength, flowering and fruit set. Calcium is also essential for plant resilience, reducing pest and disease pressure, as well as improving post-harvest condition. Typical deficiencies include stunted roots, leaf deformity, and fruit-quality conditions such as blossom-end rot, cavity spot and “bitter pit”. The Plant Sap Calcium Meter gives growers the opportunity to monitor plant calcium levels in-field. Crop calcium levels can be boosted via supplementation at the first sign of a draw-down, therefore preventing deficiency symptoms.
- Storage case
- Calibration solutions (150 ppm and 2000 ppm)
- Sampling sheets x 5
- Full instruction manual
- Measurement range NO3– : 62 – 6200 ppm, NO3– -N : 14 –1400 ppm.
- Display range 0 – 9900 ppm.
- Selectable analysis of Nitrate or Nitrate-Nitrogen.
- 3 sampling methods available depending on sample volume.
- Automatic temperature compensation.
- Auto hold and auto power off.
- Replacement sensor available.
- Note: Published crop specific data is limited as this is a relatively new research area. Contact NTS for the NTS Sap Testing Procedure for currently available ideal levels. Comparing data in your crop from season to season while noting yields and insect pressure, as well as making comparisons on sap nutrient status between healthy and suboptimal crops/plants, and comparing young and old leaves, can provide valuable information for fine tuning fertiliser inputs and correcting imbalances.