A fast, reliable tool for in-field measurement of the microbial activity of soils, composts and compost teas.
Microbial biomass is the best single indicator of soil health (Doran, 2000) – poor fertility soils have very low microbial populations while highly fertile, productive soils have high microbial populations. The ability to conveniently measure microbial biomass gives farmers the power to monitor and track the effects of farming practices, in particular to determine the value of different soil amendments and the efficacy of different cover crops. The microBIOMETER® enables consumers to easily test the quality (microbial counts) of commercial and DIY microbial inoculums, to enable informed comparison and determine potential efficacy. The results are extremely accurate and reproducible, while being considerably faster and less expensive than laboratory testing. This tool has the added benefit of allowing on-farm testing, eliminating the effect of transit time/conditions on microbial levels.
- Convenient, easy-to-use and accurate tool to accurately measure soil, compost or compost tea (or specialist inoculum brews) microbial biomass in 10 minutes.
- Microbial biomass is a key indicator of soil health and fertility, directly correlating with crop quality and production.
- A fraction of the cost of a laboratory analysis.
- An essential tool for regenerative farmers to ensure their farming practices are positively affecting microbial activity.
- Smartphone app to digitally analyse and store readings for tracking soil health. Note: Smartphone required (not included).
- Refill kits available (10 tests).